[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1240: [raster] ST_Addband() should be in the "Raster Constructors" part of the documentation

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 14 15:28:23 PDT 2011

#1240: [raster] ST_Addband() should be in the "Raster Constructors" part of the
documentation
  Reporter:  pracine        |       Owner:  robe
      Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  closed
 Component:  documentation  |     Version:
Resolution:  fixed          |    Keywords:

Comment(by robe):

 Pierre,
 My point is there is NO SUCH THING as a RASTER BAND object so its silly to
 have a category for it unless you create such as thing.

 It sounds like you are really dying to edit this stuff yourself.  Feel
 free to.  Then you can come up with any categorization you like :).

 I agree things are too broken up and part of that was just like that
 before I got here so didn't really make any fuss about it since its a bit
 of a hassle to shuffle things into categories that are just as illogical
 as what categories are there.  It hurts my brain too much to think about
 this categorization stuff.  I'm all for fewer categories than more so the
 more we can compress the better.  Almost tempted to get rid of the whole
 categorization model entirely.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1240#comment:10>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>