[postgis-devel] Compatibility between postgis 2 & mapserver

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jan 7 17:20:14 PST 2012

Andrea,

Yes we really want to in order to get rid of otherwise dead code in our code
base which makes it hard to find non-dead code and otherwise
prevent users from getting confused by thousands of redundant functions.

We have a legacy_compatibility_layer.sql which users who can't upgrade their
tools can use.  It has what we think most legacy tools are using.  I know
GeomFromText/Asbinary/SetSRID is in that file.

I'll double check on force_collection and force_2d to make sure I have those
in that file.  If thisngs sitll don't work you can go for the full monty --
legacy.sql which reinstalls 500 someodd redundant functions we removed.

Thanks,
Regina