[postgis-devel] Documentation and comments in tarball

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Fri Jan 13 06:34:40 PST 2012

Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 08:30:38PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
> Note that building docs is not mandatory, they aren't built by default.
> If all you need is _reading_ the manual you have convenient separate
> downloads here: http://www.postgis.org/documentation/

What I am trying to do is prepare a complete binary package for postgis,
for use by other people who might or might not be offline.

> From a packaging point of view I think docs should be in a separate
> package as well (postgis-doc).

Perhaps, but whether to bundle or split docs is a package system
cultural choice (pkgsrc tends not to split as much as most Linux
packaging systems, only splitting when including is painful and likely
unwanted by many), and I think orthogonal to all these issues.

  [three issues in 1.5.3, two of which were fixed in trunk already, all
  of which are fixed in trunk and 1.5 branch now]

Thanks for these changes.

  [reports w/o patches]

OK - I'll start on tickets for those issues (and ignore 1.5).

Also, trunk r8794 has one minor failure (looks to be a test assumption
issue, not a real bug) on:

  PostGIS is now configured for i386-unknown-netbsdelf5.1.