[postgis] Re: PostGIS and ESRI

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 21 19:16:52 PDT 2001

Guys,

I just wanted to add a few points to this.

  o OpenEV support PostGIS now via the OGR link for reading, though not yet for
    update.  It would be sweet to add write back to OGR to OpenEV, and perhaps
    some smarts for browsing tables, and doing spatial and attribute queries
    from OpenEV.

  o It should be possible to serve read-only data to ArcGIS from PostGIS via
    an OGR based OLE DB provider, though I haven't tried building the PostGIS
    link for OGR on Windows yet, nor will this work fully till the upcoming
    ArcGIS Service Pack 2 release this fall.

I would really like to update OGR to match with all the PostGIS 0.6 services
and get a nice Linux build of OGR tools that can be used as an auxilary
set of tools for loading PostGIS, and doing operations like reprojecting
layers.

Best regards,

--

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JNm9_D/33_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM