[postgis-users] PostGIS bug fixes

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Tue May 28 11:32:19 PDT 2002

Two bug fixes have been committed to PostGIS CVS -

- the ~ and @ operators were mixed up (but were correct in the indexing)
- this is fixed in the sql.in files now, so that "~" is "contains" and
"@" is "contained" - This bug was discovered by Randy Goss, and my
coworker Dave blasby immediately spotted the problem.

- Also, the translate function wasn't translating the bvols of the
geometry, producing unexpected results - this bug and the fix were
submitted by Robert Burghozer:

I had posted a problem with doing spatial queries on translated shapes,
due to the fact that their bounding boxes were NOT translated. Anyhow, I

modified the code for the the translate function and recompiled, and it
does what I wanted it to do. I don;t know if I did the right thing, or
what, but would appreciate your feedback, particularly if you think that

I have done something potentially dangerous here. here are my
modifications at the end of the translate function:

  /* added the following 6 lines */
        geom1->bvol.LLB.x += x_off;
        geom1->bvol.LLB.y += y_off;
        geom1->bvol.LLB.z += z_off;
        geom1->bvol.URT.x += x_off;
        geom1->bvol.URT.y += y_off;
        geom1->bvol.URT.z += z_off;
  /* end my additions */
        PG_RETURN_POINTER(geom1);
}

Nothing dangerous Robert, this is exactly what should be happening.
Thanks for the patch!