[postgis-users] Upgrade to 0.7.2 problems

Steven Bowden steveb at bundaberg.qld.gov.au
Wed Sep 4 17:04:46 PDT 2002

Hi List,
I just tried to upgrade from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2 by following the upgrade
section in the docs.
Now when I try and do a dropgeometrycolumn I get the following error:

blis=# select dropgeometrycolumn('blis','sewer_lines','the_geom');
NOTICE:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function
dropgeometrycolumn
NOTICE:  line 28 at execute statement
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "IS"

I am using postgres 7.2.1-5 on RedHat7.3
Before I compiled postgis I changed the USE_PG72 flag to 1 in the Make
file.

Could it be caused by any libraries/files floating around from 0.7.1?
If so how do I find which ones.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Steve