[postgis-users] PostGIS Usage Survey

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Tue Feb 4 05:39:07 PST 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Paul Ramsey wrote:

>- Name of the organization

Iowa Environmental Mesonet, Iowa State University

>- Data being managed in the database

Meteorological Data, "Common" GIS datasets (roads, counties), Current and
Archived NWS Tornado/Flash Flood/Thunderstorm Warnings, Historical Storm
Reports,  Current and Archived precipitation reports.  Climate data

>- How the data is being accessed / manipulated

>From mapserver!  Manipulated via Python and PHP.

>- Why you chose to use PostGIS for the application

Open-Source.  Uses my favorite DB, Postgres.  Easy integration with
mapserver.  The support community is fantastic!

Thanks!
  Daryl

--
/**