[postgis-users] PostGIS upgrade

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Thu Dec 23 04:14:27 PST 2004

Hi, Strk,

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:10:19 +0100
strk at refractions.net wrote:

> Automatically download and install is not a good idea (IMHO)
> Users not willing to read the docs should get a packaged version
> (.rpm or .deb or whatever).

Btw, is there any progress in having official Debian PostGIS packages?

As current build tools avoid the need of building a modified PostgreSQL
server package, this should be rather easy. And there seem several
people which build inofficial PostGIS debs, including one of my
co-workers (althoug those are not published yet).

I also saw an ITP on debian.org, but the author seems not to respond to
questions regarding this issue.

Thanks,
markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich