[postgis-users] postgis & mapserver

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at ci.boston.ma.us
Wed Jan 28 06:48:04 PST 2004

I think you can pass point parameters to the mapserver CGI (which I have not
tried in a while) or alternatively you may want to try using Mapscript to
set the extent etc.

The way I've done something similar is to use php mapscript

I query the points from the database and then do something like

$map = ms_newMapObj($map_path."\\comnotif.map");
$map->setextent($rs->fields("minx"), $rs->fields("miny"),
$rs->fields("maxx"), $rs->fields("maxy"));

where $rs refers to storage of my data from postgis.