[postgis-users] 1.0.1 released

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed May 25 03:18:13 PDT 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 12:08:09PM +0200, Jean David TECHER wrote:
> Hi Sandro
>
> Compilation for 1.0.1 works fine on Windows XP....

Thanks for the report!

> Notices:
>
> - PostgreSQL 8.0.2 was used
>
> - Proj 4.4.9 is detected
>
> - Geos is not detected (I needed to add option  '--with-geos' for configure)

You are not supposed to use 'configure' at all :-P
Anyway, I did so to make --with-geos or --with-jts explicit choices
(which one to use in case both are detected ?).

> But I only have question... Since we needed PostgreSQL sources for the moment,
> I think it's better to let postgis-users to be used to using PostgreSQL sources
> before a later postgis' version for which we won't have to use PostgreSQL sources.
>
> Perhaps for 1.1.0 or a 1.2.0 version...Just let us find and take times for others small  bugs before a such version?
>
> What do U think

1.0.x branch will continue to work as 1.0.0: pgsql sources required,
no "autoconf" (if not for hackers which won't tell anyone ;).

1.1.x branch will probably have "autoconf" and all goodies (unless
we get stuck and fall back - but we have time for that).

--strk;