[postgis-users] DoD, Coast Guard, Intelligence Agencies

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu May 26 13:09:50 PDT 2005

Refractions is preparing an information submission to the US Federal
Government about open source GIS software. Among the things they want to
know is the numbers of licences sold, prices, etc in the DoD, U.S. Coast
Guard, and the Intelligence.

Well, as an open source product, we have some issues maintaining these
numbers, so I have to call out to you: if you have installed, or know of
an installation, of PostGIS in the above agencies, would you privately
drop me a line? Responses kept in strictest confidence.

This is a chance to get on the radar screen at an official level, and
hopefully drive some acceptance of open source spatial in some large
organizations.

Thanks very much,

Paul