[postgis-users] Transformation

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Dec 11 04:49:38 PST 2006

It sounds like your the_geom field has a  check contraint on it for a
different SRID other than 4326.  Did you use addgeometry to build the
the_geom field and did you specify 4326 as the SRID when you did that?

I'm guessing that constraint was put in manually since the name that the
addgeometry function assigns would be usually enforce_srid_the_geom
unless a constraint with that name already existed for that table.