[postgis-users] PostGIS on multiple schemas

Arnaud Lesauvage thewild at freesurf.fr
Thu Jan 12 06:10:00 PST 2006

Markus Schaber wrote:
> Usually, one has the PostGIS installed in a global schema (public or
> postgis for example), and then uses this global PostGIS definitions to
> create spatial tables in all the user schemas.

It makes sense.
Sorry, I am still not very familiar with the concept of schemas.
Using pgAdmin as an administrative frontend to my server, I was
seeing the gis functions in my first schema and not in the other
ones. Therefore, I believed they were only accessible in this schema.

Thanks a lot for clarifying this !

--
Arnaud