[postgis-users] equal-area projection for southeast Asia

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Thu Dec 13 13:26:02 PST 2007

Neil,

I don't know of anything standard, but lambert and albers are what
come to mind.

There are the esri-crafted albers projections for asia that do not
have epsg listings but might be useful references.

See the esri Albers options here:
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/?search=GCS_North_American_1983
+albers&srtext=Search+WKT

At www.spatialreference.org you can also find these customized albers
projections that could be helpful for ideas on crafting your own:

http://spatialreference.org/ref/user/?search=albers

Finally, while esri has not crafted asian lambert projections like
albers these still might be useful:
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/?search=GCS_North_American_1983
+conic%22&srtext=Search+WKT

Cheers,