[postgis-users] Installing a fully functional PostGIS 2.0 on Ubuntu Linux GEOS/GDAL issues

THX1138 ap.joseph at live.com
Tue Dec 27 11:29:09 PST 2011

Thanks for your help on this, I really appreciate it! When building gdal 1.8
or 1.9 what dependencies/drivers/configuration options are needed for
postgis2.0 to function correctly if any? The documentation doesn't mention
any, but I figured I would ask just to be certain.

In otherwords, can I do:

./configure --prefix=/opt/gdal
make
sudo make install

and expect postgis to be able to deal with it without any errors?