[postgis-users] Updating Geometry

Asli Akarsakarya asliakar at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 13:55:57 PST 2011

Hello,

I am having trouble when attempting to update an existing geometry on a spatial table. The table stores 2D Point geometry, with the SRID 101. The update statement i am trying to use to update the geometry with the id 110 is as follows:

UPDATE <Table_Name> SET <Geometry_Column_Name> = GeometryFromText('POINT(44 31)', 101) WHERE <id_Column>=110

But I get an error that says the statement violates the "enforce_srid_position" restriction. Though the SRID's are the same.

Thank you,
Asli