[postgis-users] Tiger geocoder, Spanish street types are pushed to the end

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Sep 27 13:20:41 PDT 2012

James,
Which version are you using?  I assume the 2.1.0SVN one?

That we can probably change the structure of a bit since it hasn't been
released yet and can probalby get away with change the norm_addy type as
well which we've been dragging our feet on a bit
Mostly because it brings along a bunch of upgrade issues we'd need to
provide for people using tiger already.

If  you look at the file

tiger_2011\tables\lookup_tables_2011.sql

The street_type_lookup values is what controls how Camino is treated.

That probably will require another field at some point we are guessing to
better follow the Tiger Feature name types convention of Prefix Type /
Suffix type (and possibly Spanish column) they document in

http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/tgrshp2011/TGRSHP2011_TechDoc_E.pdf

I think we are missing a bunch too.  Haven't bothered reconciling their list
with what we have.

That's probably a good start.  The normalize_address function itself is
kinda scary to looku at but you can if you want.  We were hoping to
modularize it a bit more later.

Hope that helps,
Leo and Regina
http://www.postgis.us